• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract (or Not)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sunflower Girl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky**************I have been verbally and mentally abused for 10 years or more. I have now been married for 22 years. My question is this....we seperated a few years back after he was very abusive. He wrote me a letter promising that he would change his ways and if he did not he would do the following......Pay child support, allow me to reside in the house, give me an uncontested divorce, pay for the divorce and so on and so on. We are now in the 2nd year of our divorce battle. My question is....between husband and wife...is this a binding contract. he did print his name and sign it. I have already spent well over 15 K on my attorney fees. Is he liable since he wrote this contract himself and signed it?

Thank you,
Sunflower Girl

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky**************I have been verbally and mentally abused for 10 years or more. I have now been married for 22 years. My question is this....we seperated a few years back after he was very abusive. He wrote me a letter promising that he would change his ways and if he did not he would do the following......Pay child support, allow me to reside in the house, give me an uncontested divorce, pay for the divorce and so on and so on. We are now in the 2nd year of our divorce battle. My question is....between husband and wife...is this a binding contract. he did print his name and sign it. I have already spent well over 15 K on my attorney fees. Is he liable since he wrote this contract himself and signed it?

Thank you,
Sunflower Girl
You certainly should run it by your attorney.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sure she already did...
What did the attorney say?

(My guess is that the answer is "no")

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">