• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a couple more questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JudyLBW

Sorry, I forgot a few other questions. We have a single family home which we bought in August of this year, which was after our marriage. He did not put my name on the deed, or the home loan. What would happen to the home if I filed for divorce? Since I am not on the deed or the loan?? Also, we have no joint bank accounts, savings accounts, credit cards, nothing. I would not be held responsible for any of his debts since I am not working and have no income would I? Thanks again.

D

dorenephilpot

Not sure what would happen in your top-secret state, but in Indiana, you would be entitled to half the equity in the home, whether it was in his name, your name or both.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Helloooooo, Dorene !

Don't you just love it? People come to these boards with "desperate" questions, but can't follow simple directions (See the RED words up there), and all they get, and all we can offer, is generalized suggestions. Those, and a dime, won't get our writer a cup of coffee.

Good to see you.

IAAL

J

JudyLBW

SORRY- THIS WAS A 2 PART QUESTION!!!!

I DID post my state, this was a TWO PART QUESTION, the ORIGINAL QUESTION IS BELOW THIS ONE, WHICH HAS MY STATE. SO I DID FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS and if you want people to come to this board you should TRY TO BE A LITTLE LESS RUDE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">