• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Date - getting nervous

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlb

What is the name of your state? OR

I'm going to court next week to modify the childsupport and a couple of other things. I've never been to court before and I'm scared and nervous. I have this overwhelming (ok...not SO overwhelming), but an uneasiness...like I've done something wrong when I know I haven't. Authority issues I guess. I don't like the thought of being in trouble.

Anyway, what can I expect? I'm afraid I will cry from the stress, which in turn, stresses me out because I keep thinking that a judge is not going to like that. I'm pretty sure I'm paranoid for no reason. My lawyer will be going over this with me soon, I suppose, but I thought I'd check here for some reassurance. Or at least a good knock knock joke. :rolleyes:

Just Blue

jlb said:

I'm going to court next week to modify the childsupport and a couple of other things. I've never been to court before and I'm scared and nervous. I have this overwhelming (ok...not SO overwhelming), but an uneasiness...like I've done something wrong when I know I haven't. Authority issues I guess. I don't like the thought of being in trouble.

Anyway, what can I expect? I'm afraid I will cry from the stress, which in turn, stresses me out because I keep thinking that a judge is not going to like that. I'm pretty sure I'm paranoid for no reason. My lawyer will be going over this with me soon, I suppose, but I thought I'd check here for some reassurance. Or at least a good knock knock joke. :rolleyes:

I know just how you feel...The first time I had to go to court I felt the same way...

Heres an idea...

One day before your court date..go in and sit in the court room...you will get an idea of what it's like and won't feel so uneasy when your day comes...and if you sit in the court room that your judge is in...you will get a sense of him ...if he is fair..

good luck!!!

Bay

jlb said:
What is the name of your state? Or at least a good knock knock joke.
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
orange
orange who?
orange you glad I didn't say banana again?

fairisfair

Ithildriel said:
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
orange
orange who?
:eek: you need to stick to singing:D

The internet is a strange and wonderful thing...

In the real world, I know of NO ONE that would prefer my singing over my joke telling.

In fact, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that prefered my singing to a sharp stick in the eye! :eek:

Bali Hai

jlb said:

Oh you poor thing! "Child support and a couple of other things"??

You may have gotten off easy the first time around is what you are saying.

I'm sure the judge will sense your stress and uneasiness from being in the court room and give you everything you ask for.:rolleyes:

jlb

Bali Hai - you're rude and not worth me wasting my time.

Thanks to those that responded with some advice and humor. Best wishes to you all!

LdiJ

If you have the opportunity to take a morning or afternoon and sit in court and observe things...it might help reduce your stress.

A visit to your doctor for a VERY low dose of something to help you take the edge off might help too.....but test it out before going to court....to make sure that all it does is take the edge off...LOL.

Bali Hai

jlb said:
Bali Hai - you're rude and not worth me wasting my time.

Thank you and you wasted 8 words on me. Contradiction!

Thanks to those that responded with some advice and humor. Best wishes to you all!
Happy Holidays to you too. I'll have a joke for you next time.:rolleyes:

bononos

Ithildriel said:
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
banana
banana who?
Knock knock
whose there?
orange
orange who?

I LOVE IT!
Me and my boys do this knock - knock all the time!

fairisfair

Ithildriel said:
In the real world, I know of NO ONE that would prefer my singing over my joke telling.

In fact, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that prefered my singing to a sharp stick in the eye! :eek:
Oh, I don't know**************...I love it when you sing, makes me smile:)
Of course, my eyes are deaf.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">