• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court decision on legal separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlynnr

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I just recieved the courts decision on the legal separation that my husband and I filed last week. The wording is very vague and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My question is: Is the sepation granted or not? Following is the statement from the court, "Court takes no action on pleadings filed because no appearance has been filed or request for relief."

Thanks for your help!
jredmon

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I just recieved the courts decision on the legal separation that my husband and I filed last week. The wording is very vague and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My question is: Is the sepation granted or not? Following is the statement from the court, "Court takes no action on pleadings filed because no appearance has been filed or request for relief."
No, you're not separated. You need to follow the court procedures very carefully to ensure that you get what you want - or get an attorney to do it for you.

jlynnr

Does the court ruling mean that the judge is not granting the separation because I didn't request child support?

mistoffolees

Does the court ruling mean that the judge is not granting the separation because I didn't request child support?
I'm not sure, but it looks like you didn't request ANYTHING that the judge could rule on. Either that or you didn't show up for the hearing.

Please see an attorney rather than trying to do this yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">