• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court issues and harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

herdoc2005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

My attempt to gain custody of my daughter and contept of court hearings are over. In the end, I was ordered to pay my EX's lawyer fee's due to her inability to pay.

(ordered in Novemeber, but after appeals for contempts and such, final order was written in April)

Here are my questions:
A: Is it my right to be able to talk to my EX and her lawyer to work out the details of how I pay her, as well as ensure I get a receipt, and make sure I pay the right person (whether it be her or her lawyer)?

...reason I ask, is becuase her father is emailing me non stop demanding I pay, and says that her and her lawyer will not contact me. This is becuase he says I only try to control her and belittle her in conversations, even though I have all email traffic ever, and fights are both ways when they occur.

B: Would this be harrasment from her father, becuase I have asked him not to email me, and told him that all that has to happen is her or her lawyer contact me to get this resolved, and becuase he is not part of the case, he has no right to interfere?

That is about it for now, thanks for the input. I'm trying to end this, but I have delt with my ex with lots of issues, and refuse to just act without a plan in place and proof from her that she agreed to it, becuase she is a compulsive liar.

mistoffolees

You don't have to talk with her father. You can block his email.

I would send a certified letter to her attorney asking for instructions on payment.

herdoc2005

You don't have to talk with her father. You can block his email.

I would send a certified letter to her attorney asking for instructions on payment.
Sounds good.

I guess my only option is to just block his email.

I will get on the certified letter, I think that would be the easiest way.

thanks,

mistoffolees

Sounds good.

I guess my only option is to just block his email.

I will get on the certified letter, I think that would be the easiest way.

thanks,
Actually, you could just call the attorney, as well, but given that you're probably going to have problems with the ex, I'd do it in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">