• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Grace Chandler

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I had a Pendant Lite Order dated Dec 6, 2002 to get support from my husband until our divorce was finalized. The divorce was finalized on July 26, 2002 and I want to know if the Pendant Lite Order is still effective. My now exhusband is refusing to take his phone service out of my home becaus of an unpaid bill. This bill was for his long distance and is in his name. It states in my divorce judgment that we are now responsible for any outstanding debts in our respective names. What can I do to force him to disconnect the phone in the house I own and live in so I can get service in my own name.

C

cyana

No advice, just sympathize...

My now ex-husband was out of the house for over 18 months before I could successfully get the phone in my name. The process was horrendous. I called the phone company every other month and they would say I had to get something in writing from him (yeah, right) saying that *I* could put the bill in my name. I went through this same go around through May 2001 (ex had been gone for seven months at that time. I called him and emailed him on average once a week to change the phone into my name. He would always say he'd get it transferred into my name. By that time I had successfully changed the electric and water bill over to my name - the rest of our utililies were already in my name or both names.

When mid-June 2001 and the bill still came in in his name, I begged the phone company to try it a different way, by having the phone company send him letters to get it changed into my name. In total the phone company sent him four letters between late June 2001 and mid-June 2002. He did not reply to any of them. Only when we go to our settlement meeting on 6/24/2002 and both our lawyers leaned him did he finally make the call to get it changed. I sincerely hope you don't go through what I did.

I don't know anything about a "pendant lite" order or if its still enforceable but if it states in your final decree that each party will pay their own bills perhaps he would be contempt of the final decree. Sorry I can't help more; perhaps Doreen or IAAL or another lawyer could help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">