• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hawkey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
my husband has left. I am still on his credit card as an authorized user, even though he has changed the address. He works, I do not. Can I still charge his card for my necessities and be legal?

mistoffolees

Please keep all your questions in one thread - it makes it much easier to follow and you'll get better advice.

You can certainly charge necessities on your joint credit card. After he files for divorce, you may have to account for your expenditures, particularly if they are unusually high, but there's not going to be any issue with buying groceries, gas for the car, etc.

Be prepared, though - if he does file for divorce, he may cancel the credit cards right away, so you need to start figuring out how you're going to support yourself at that point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">