• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card debt responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jordan232323

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC I wanted to know what the law is when it comes to credit card debt. I am legally separated, and we are fighting over what debt goes to who. My wife expects me to take all the debt. At the time of separation, I had one credit card in my name, which I transfered 3 of her cards onto this one card. She then got 3 different cards in her name while we were married. What is the law when it comes to credit card debt? Does it matter whose name the cards are in if you got the cards while you were married? Is it divided 50/50? Thanks

Last edited:

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC I wanted to know what the law is when it comes to credit card debt. I am legally separated, and we are fighting over what debt goes to who. My wife expects me to take all the debt.
She does? One what basis? Because she has a uterus and you don't?

Split the marital debt, and the split the marital assets..

Having a different chromosome does NOT create some legal entitlement to be coddled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">