• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freemenow

Prince William Cty, VA-- Removed and Cancelled soon 2b ex-wife from credit card (i have documentation to prove this)--she called got an emergency card re-issued and racked up $2000. Also used my gov't card $75--which is in my name only... Judge at equitable distribution says she only has to pay for the gov't card charges- I have filed at small claims court-she has been served court date 12/18/01...Do I have grounds for this fraud--even if the judge in the divorce prodeeding didn't address the issue other than to say she has to pay for the gov't card abuse...She works at a commissary (military food store) and has co-workers that are party to her theft--all i am guilty of is wanting to divorce this person--

vrzirn

Write to the credit card bank. Ask for signed receipts of all purchases made after you requested her name be removed. then send back to bank all the documentation. Ask them to absolve you of responsibility and let them go after her.You should have closed the entire card and then re-opened another account soley in your name. If this doesn't work you can try sueing her. You are already attempting that.

F

freemenow

Respose from vrzirn

Thank you for the response but you didn't answer the question! Please read the inquiry and if you have a specific answer/advice I would appreciate it... :eek:

JETX

Re: Respose from vrzirn

freemenow said:
Thank you for the response but you didn't answer the question! Please read the inquiry and if you have a specific answer/advice I would appreciate it... :eek:
Vrzirn's response was accurate, but since you can't follow it, I will try to 'hold your hand' in responding to your specifics.....

1) "Removed and Cancelled soon 2b ex-wife from credit card (i have documentation to prove this)--she called got an emergency card re-issued and racked up $2000."
Obviously, your 'documentation' could be critical in determining whether 'they' (the card issuer) has any liability or not. How did you do it?? Did they confirm?? Do you have proof of delivery to them?? Etc.

2) "Also used my gov't card $75--which is in my name only... Judge at equitable distribution says she only has to pay for the gov't card charges-"
Sounds like the judge was correct. At the time of the family order, he apparently didn't rule on your contention that it should have been considered a separate debt. What and how did your attorney present this and what does your attorney say now??

3) "I have filed at small claims court-she has been served court date 12/18/01...Do I have grounds for this fraud--even if the judge in the divorce prodeeding didn't address the issue other than to say she has to pay for the gov't card abuse.."
From your post and depending on the 'evidence' that you might have, it sounds like you MIGHT have a case to recover your 'damages' from your ex for her charge activity. However, one key question here is 'damages'. Did you pay the amount??? If not, you probably haven't been directly damaged.

4) "She works at a commissary (military food store) and has co-workers that are party to her theft"
Very hard to prove and could be considered defamation in your making this statement. Also, not relevant to the issue.

5) "--all i am guilty of is wanting to divorce this person--"
Never, ever admit guilt unless willing to accept the consequences!

Now, if you find that this doesn't answer your 'question' (can't find a single question mark in your entire original post), then you haven't asked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">