• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a Crime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

158pm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

During the beginning of the divorce process, the husband tells the wife 'I will take everything and leave you with nothing!!' if she tells anyone about him choking her in the past. Is this threat a crime?

Also, the husband maintains that his wife makes 'two to three times' as much as he does and seeks a significant percentage of all assets, plus alimony and child support (parenting is shared 50/50 and is already signed off). The husband is suspected to be hiding self-employment income. Is the IRS effective at ferreting out hidden income? They filed married, filing separately for the past three years. Wife is not afraid to be audited herself. Husband's self-employment income went from ~ $42K the year prior to filing to ~ -$1.5K (yes, that's a *minus*) the year of filing.

Thank you!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

During the beginning of the divorce process, the husband tells the wife 'I will take everything and leave you with nothing!!' if she tells anyone about him choking her in the past. Is this threat a crime?

Also, the husband maintains that his wife makes 'two to three times' as much as he does and seeks a significant percentage of all assets, plus alimony and child support (parenting is shared 50/50 and is already signed off). The husband is suspected to be hiding self-employment income. Is the IRS effective at ferreting out hidden income? They filed married, filing separately for the past three years. Wife is not afraid to be audited herself. Husband's self-employment income went from ~ $42K the year prior to filing to ~ -$1.5K (yes, that's a *minus*) the year of filing.

Thank you!
The wife, via her attorney, needs to hire a forensic accountant and then needs to subpeona the husband's books. It sounds to me like she cannot afford, not to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">