• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criteria To Waive 90-day Waiting Period

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kooth

What is the name of your state? Utah
I am currently filing for divorce, and the judge denied the request to waive the 90 day waiting period. The court clerk informed me that I could resubmit the request for waiver. What is the criteria that the judge uses to decide if there is reasonable cause to waive the 90 day waiting period? The marriage only lasted ten months before she moved out.

There are enough issues in the relationship that I don't think it will be difficult. Thank you!

xylene

What is the name of your state? Utah
I am currently filing for divorce, and the judge denied the request to waive the 90 day waiting period. The court clerk informed me that I could resubmit the request for waiver. What is the criteria that the judge uses to decide if there is reasonable cause to waive the 90 day waiting period? The marriage only lasted ten months before she moved out.

There are enough issues in the relationship that I don't think it will be difficult. Thank you!
The 90 day cooling off period is law.

While a judge MAY overrule this period, it is only for the most extreme reasons.

Adultery is not going to cut it

Wanting to marry another is not going to cut it.

All but the most sever DV allegations - no dice

Spouse on drugs - not cut it.

Mentally ill spouse - nope

Spouse in jail - nada

Short of extreme harm arising to you, your spouse or your children (if any) and arising because of you remaining married - you will not get a waiver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">