• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cuban/Canadian divorce/custody battle in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greckless

What is the name of your state? Florida

Someone I know entered into a marriage with a Cuban girl around two years ago.They were married in Cuba and since have had a child. The person I know also is a Canadian citizen and has spent the better part of the past two years in Cuba looking after and supporting the wife, her mother and their child.Recently the mother and wife were granted access to the United States. They live in a town near Orlando. THe person I know went down to visit them a week ago after she had been landed for a week in the US. He stayed at the house of the brother of the wife whom was granted US access several years ago and sponsored both the wife and mother. At the house the husband got into an arguement with the family and left for a couple days. When he returned he went up to the door which was answered by the wife. She proceeded to grab the child run into another room and her mother called the police and she is trying to put a restraining order on him. She is now saying that they were never married, that the child does is not Canadian and does not have a Canadian passport (which he does). What should the husband do??

HomeGuru

greckless said:

Someone I know entered into a marriage with a Cuban girl around two years ago.They were married in Cuba and since have had a child. The person I know also is a Canadian citizen and has spent the better part of the past two years in Cuba looking after and supporting the wife, her mother and their child.Recently the mother and wife were granted access to the United States. They live in a town near Orlando. THe person I know went down to visit them a week ago after she had been landed for a week in the US. He stayed at the house of the brother of the wife whom was granted US access several years ago and sponsored both the wife and mother. At the house the husband got into an arguement with the family and left for a couple days. When he returned he went up to the door which was answered by the wife. She proceeded to grab the child run into another room and her mother called the police and she is trying to put a restraining order on him. She is now saying that they were never married, that the child does is not Canadian and does not have a Canadian passport (which he does). What should the husband do??

**A: the husband should move to Mexico and find a South African girlfriend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">