• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

curious

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio, Does anyone know if your receiving food stamp money and you move in with a roommate, do they go by total household income or just off the one parents income?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio, Does anyone know if your receiving food stamp money and you move in with a roommate, do they go by total household income or just off the one parents income?

When you called to ask social services, what did they tell you?

LdiJ

While there may be some variation between states, if its a roommate situation its only the parent's income that matters.

If its a parent living with other family members, if the parent is over a certain age, and signs documentation that food supplies are kept separate, again its only the parent's income. (In my state its age 22)

When it gets sticky, is if its a cohabitation situation, where two people are living with their (joint or separate) children as a family.

nextwife

Why would a mere roommate even be willing to share their financials with you? I had a roommate in my condo years ago, and would have flately refused to give her my income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">