• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Current gf needs to know!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TGFS

5 of my ex-boyfriends ex girlfriends and I would like to let his current girlfriend know that he cheated on her and has cheated on us in the past, causing alot of heartache and emotional trauma (some of this has gone on for as much as 5 years!). We all agreed that had we known then what we know now, we would have run a mile and think she'd appreciate this information. We have created a facebook group (private) stating the lies etc. which he told and have proof of some of his dirty work. How do we go about telling her without getting sued? Our plan was to invite her to the group which would hopefully open her eyes to the truth. If we stick to pure fact that we can back up and don't throw insults will we be okay or should we just let her find out the hard way... it totally breaks my heart! She is saving up for a flight to come back home (overseas) with him!! If only she knew the true monster he is! :mad:

mistoffolees

5 of my ex-boyfriends ex girlfriends and I would like to let his current girlfriend know that he cheated on her and has cheated on us in the past, causing alot of heartache and emotional trauma (some of this has gone on for as much as 5 years!). We all agreed that had we known then what we know now, we would have run a mile and think she'd appreciate this information. We have created a facebook group (private) stating the lies etc. which he told and have proof of some of his dirty work. How do we go about telling her without getting sued? Our plan was to invite her to the group which would hopefully open her eyes to the truth. If we stick to pure fact that we can back up and don't throw insults will we be okay or should we just let her find out the hard way... it totally breaks my heart! She is saving up for a flight to come back home (overseas) with him!! If only she knew the true monster he is! :mad:
Don't do it.

You could end up being charged with slander.

There's no reason for you to be meddling in someone else's life, anyway.

HomeGuru

**A: why can't you just sent her an email cover with emails from each former gf? Make sure each one lists contact numbers so the info can be verfiied by phone if needed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why can't you move on - why is it that he holds such power over you that you feel the need to keep him as a fixture in your life.

Bali Hai

Contact Dear Abby, Oprah or Dr. Phil.

This is a legal site for matrimonial issues that have real consequences.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well, that's true - if she wants to spend all of her money getting an attorney to defend herself.

It's juvenile and unnecessary. She needs to stay out of other peoples' lives.
True. But I wanted to make sure the facts were out there. I also agree that it seems like she needs to move on.

majomom1

Well, that's true - if she wants to spend all of her money getting an attorney to defend herself.

It's juvenile and unnecessary. She needs to stay out of other peoples' lives.
If it's true... and there are 5 of them, then I doubt he would even try to take her to court.

I agree with staying out of other peoples' lives, but if someone has that much history, I think it would be nice to "warn" her, and then let her decide.

In this case, I think HE is the one being juvenile and maybe he needs a wake up call.

mistoffolees

If it's true... and there are 5 of them, then I doubt he would even try to take her to court.

I agree with staying out of other peoples' lives, but if someone has that much history, I think it would be nice to "warn" her, and then let her decide.

In this case, I think HE is the one being juvenile and maybe he needs a wake up call.
Maybe he does - but it's not her job to provide it.

When people meddle in things they have no business meddling in, people get hurt. She has no part of his life and has no business getting involved.

LdiJ

Maybe he does - but it's not her job to provide it.

When people meddle in things they have no business meddling in, people get hurt. She has no part of his life and has no business getting involved.
I thought about this one overnight. I think that if I was about to go overseas with someone, and there was the kind of situation described in this post, I think that I would be greatful for a "heads up".

mistoffolees

I thought about this one overnight. I think that if I was about to go overseas with someone, and there was the kind of situation described in this post, I think that I would be greatful for a "heads up".
Maybe, but what you're advocating is that anyone with a grievance can follow you around for the rest of your life interfering with your work, family, love life, and so on.

Sorry, I just happen to believe that your life is private and people don't have a right to interfere with your life forever just because they have a grievance about you.

TGFS

Thanks for the opinions guys, but what we decide to do is really our business. What I really want to know is the legal side of things. What if his name was never mentioned in the whole business. If we just referred to him as "he" or whatever, my other idea was to turn it into a sort of story, once again never using his name/family's name etc...

Sorry, but we feel she needs to know. She's a student, saving her hard earned pennies and the only outcome is that she will become a statistic of this womaniser. I sure as hell would have appreciated knowing that I was being cheated on with 3 other girls (true story!) back when we were dating.

mistoffolees

Thanks for the opinions guys, but what we decide to do is really our business. What I really want to know is the legal side of things. What if his name was never mentioned in the whole business. If we just referred to him as "he" or whatever, my other idea was to turn it into a sort of story, once again never using his name/family's name etc...

Sorry, but we feel she needs to know. She's a student, saving her hard earned pennies and the only outcome is that she will become a statistic of this womaniser. I sure as hell would have appreciated knowing that I was being cheated on with 3 other girls (true story!) back when we were dating.
You already got your answer on the legal issues.

I hope you don't find yourself in a situation somewhere in your life where someone that doesn't like you starts stalking you and interfering with your entire life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">