• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Current relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIZZ~J

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
As I've posted on here, I am scheduled for a MSC this upcoming year and was wondering if being in a relationship will affect the outcome of my divorce? My STBX has been living with a woman (only months after we seperated) and are "engaged" can I use this information to protect myself if in case this comes up in court?
:confused:
I've been misunderstood on here and whenever I ask a question it's simply disregarded and given the most minimal information if any, I'm simply trying to receive potentially useful information without contacting my lawyer and then being billed for "phone call"s..thanks in advanced

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
As I've posted on here, I am scheduled for a MSC this upcoming year and was wondering if being in a relationship will affect the outcome of my divorce? My STBX has been living with a woman (only months after we seperated) and are "engaged" can I use this information to protect myself if in case this comes up in court?
:confused:
I've been misunderstood on here and whenever I ask a question it's simply disregarded and given the most minimal information if any, I'm simply trying to receive potentially useful information without contacting my lawyer and then being billed for "phone call"s..thanks in advanced
Its honestly unlikely that his new relationship would have any bearing on your marital property settlement (I am assuming that MSC refers to that).

There are a few states where adultery might be a factor in a property settlement, but I don't believe that CA is one of them.

However, CA is a community property state and you will be entitled to 50% of the marital assets, and be responsible for 50% of the marital debts.

MIZZ~J

The MSC I'm assuming (my lawyer only advised me we had a court date in Jan) is over the debt I want resolved, I ended up paying a debt collector almost $500 because of a cell phone account I opened for him and he left unpaid. We share absolutely no community property and he is attempting to collect from me a debt garnished from his wages by the IRS for taxes we filed together. If we have a child support/custody order already in place do you think I can get modifications there?
I know I've asked this before (I was told to ask my lawyer) but we have turned in paperwork signed by all members in this case to terminate status and because this was just filed about a week and a half ago will it be dismissed because we have this conference coming up in such short time as well?

CourtClerk

MSC - Mandatory Settlement Conference

I have never understood the concept of starting a relationship before the other one is over, however, in the eyes of the CA courts, everyone cheats, no one is surprised when one commits adultery, no one cares.

MIZZ~J

Update-> question...

01/12/2009 9:00 AM DEPT. F502 MANDATORY SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE (PARTIES NOTICED) - Minutes

12/10/2008 REJECTION NOTICE Not Applicable <----Does this mean they rejected our termination of status paperwork????? I don't understand what this is, can someone please clarify why this would show on here? I check this site every other day and as I mentioned about two weeks ago the termination was filed does anyone think this regards to that??:(

11/12/2008 MANDATORY SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE IS SET 1/12/09 AT 9:00 IN DEPARTMENT F502.
N 11/12/2008 AT-ISSUE MEMORANDUM FILED BY (STBX and his lawyer)

MIZZ~J

More updates...

I have been back on the public access site for updates and this is what it says for my case:
REJECTED DOCUMENT(S) CONTESTED JUDGMENT SUBMITTED BY (stbx)
FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON(S):
APPEARANCE, STIPULATION AND WAIVER REQUIRED.
COURT FORM(S) ATTACHED: APPEARANCE,STIPULATION AND WAIVER REQUIRED.
SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF ****,

WHATS DOES THIS ALL MEAN??????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

LdiJ

I have been back on the public access site for updates and this is what it says for my case:
REJECTED DOCUMENT(S) CONTESTED JUDGMENT SUBMITTED BY (stbx)
FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON(S):
APPEARANCE, STIPULATION AND WAIVER REQUIRED.
COURT FORM(S) ATTACHED: APPEARANCE,STIPULATION AND WAIVER REQUIRED.
SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF ****,

WHATS DOES THIS ALL MEAN??????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
In a nutshell, he filed some incorrect paperwork and it was rejected by the court.

MIZZ~J

I haven't seen an update for the termination of status papers, could this be it?
what could posssibly be wrong, he nagged me to sign them and finally my lawyer and I did (he and his lawyer had already signed it) and now it didnt get filed??
Could I be wrong about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">