• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbles1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma I am seeking a custody modification. I know I need a permanent, substantial, Change. My question is does Oklahoma court systems except permanent change in the childs life or just in the custodial parents life. My custodial ex kicked my daughter out 11 months ago and she has been living with me 100%. I have supplied all support for her on my own. Custodial parent is fighting the change so he won't have to pay child support. Permanent change in him is tricky so would the oklahoma courts acknowledge change in the child as a permenent circumstance or do I need to stay focused on the custodial parent. P.S. My daughter is 13 and has made a request for change of custody but that is not always a sure bet. I need that permanent change of circumstance before I go in to also be covered. Thanx in advance.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma I am seeking a custody modification. I know I need a permanent, substantial, Change. My question is does Oklahoma court systems except permanent change in the childs life or just in the custodial parents life. My custodial ex kicked my daughter out 11 months ago and she has been living with me 100%. I have supplied all support for her on my own. Custodial parent is fighting the change so he won't have to pay child support. Permanent change in him is tricky so would the oklahoma courts acknowledge change in the child as a permenent circumstance or do I need to stay focused on the custodial parent. P.S. My daughter is 13 and has made a request for change of custody but that is not always a sure bet. I need that permanent change of circumstance before I go in to also be covered. Thanx in advance.
That is a change in the child's life. And counts as a reason for custody modification.

mistoffolees

1. Ex kicked the daughter out.
2. Daughter has been living with you 100% for almost a year
3. Daughter is 13 and wants to live with you

That should be sufficient to justify a hearing. HOWEVER, you need to be able to prove all of those things. What happens if/when he threatens your daughter and she refuses to testify that he kicked her out? And he starts to claim that you took her without permission.

If you can prove all of the above, you have a good chance. Just make sure you can prove it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">