• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody other than parental + kids involved in divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CasperWolf

Arkansas

My children are currently under legal guardianship of my parents. Will the children be involved in my up coming divorce or not due to that circumstance?

Last edited:

CasperWolf

My apologies, my computer wouldn't let me preview my post.

My Parents have custody of my kids. I am currently in the works of divorcing their biological father. We both signed our children to my parents due to extenuating circumstances. So, What I would like to know is, will there be need to worry about including them in the up coming legalities of the divorce or not, since they are currently not under either of our guardianship.

Proserpina

My apologies, my computer wouldn't let me preview my post.

My Parents have custody of my kids. I am currently in the works of divorcing their biological father. We both signed our children to my parents due to extenuating circumstances. So, What I would like to know is, will there be need to worry about including them in the up coming legalities of the divorce or not, since they are currently not under either of our guardianship.

Are you intending to have your parents return custody solely to you once your divorce is finalized?

nextwife

Hubby can certainly pursue custody if you aren't. Or if you are.

Unless CPS is involved?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Mention that you have minor children in the divorce filing but inform the court that custody was determined in the _____ Court of _____ County in case number _________________.

CasperWolf

Are you intending to have your parents return custody solely to you once your divorce is finalized?

Neither the father or I can seek custody at this point in time and probably not anytime in the near future. We have regular visitation of the kids and pay child support to my parents. Custody will be sought sometime in the next 3 years however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">