• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody in utero

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alpler

I am a pregnant wife who had been living in my husbands home in washington state. We are separated and I am temporarily livng in a hotel. I am unable to afford to rent an apartment around here due to limited savings and no income. I would like to move into my parents home in California until my baby is born and we have recovered physically, emotionally and financially (I will go back to work after my maternity leave and my parents can help with child care) My husband and I will sign and file a separation agreement before I leave WA state. I was told that this unborn baby in MY body is subject to child custody laws. Does this mean I can't leave the state?- is that kidnapping? Will my ex-husband be allowed to get shared custody or visitation of a breast fed infant? Will he be able to take the infant back to WA for "vacation"? If I abort the baby, do I need to show some sort of proof to the divorce judge?
:confused:

shanney27

Roe v wade has made it so that NO ONE has any authority over your body BUT YOU! If you choose to have your child your STBXH will have NO RIGHTS to that precious baby until he/she is actually born. If you choose to move to CA now and can establish residency there (six months), then all court actions(re the child) will take place there in the county you will reside in.

Shanney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">