• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad with Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fladad

What is the name of your state? Florida,

My questions involves the financial afadavit (spelled right?) My wife and I have been seperated over a year now. Filled out FA and did not state about the pop up camper as I no longer had it. It was sold to a friend 3 yrs ago, this was before the wife abandoned us. Why should I have to claim this? My attorney has been not to active with my case other than to rack up the bill. I would like some advice and would be happy with a second opinion that does not cost $250 an hour. Oh, I had to fill out my own financial as the one the attorney did was inacurate, and then she still charged me $250. Would I be right in asking for a discount to at least the para legal rate? Thanks for any input you can give.

Gracie3787

fladad said:
What is the name of your state? Florida,

My questions involves the financial afadavit (spelled right?) My wife and I have been seperated over a year now. Filled out FA and did not state about the pop up camper as I no longer had it. It was sold to a friend 3 yrs ago, this was before the wife abandoned us. Why should I have to claim this? My attorney has been not to active with my case other than to rack up the bill. I would like some advice and would be happy with a second opinion that does not cost $250 an hour. Oh, I had to fill out my own financial as the one the attorney did was inacurate, and then she still charged me $250. Would I be right in asking for a discount to at least the para legal rate? Thanks for any input you can give.
On a financial affidavit you only have to list all of your CURRENT income and assets that you CURRENTLY own. You did not have to list the camper.

You can always ask for a discount, but there isn't anything that you can do if the request is denied, except fire your lawyer.

fladad

Gracie3787 said:
On a financial affidavit you only have to list all of your CURRENT income and assets that you CURRENTLY own. You did not have to list the camper.

You can always ask for a discount, but there isn't anything that you can do if the request is denied, except fire your lawyer.
:) Thanks Gracie3787

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">