• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating when legally seperated in Virginia???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BelizeBreeze

That depends entirely on what you mean by 'dating'. If there is body oils, candles, a chandellier, photos, a video camera or other assorted 'toys' involved, then it could cause problems. If you're talking about going out to dinner or a movie then doubtful.

Nolegalegal

My concern is that I am/was dating someone who has been legally seperated for about 8 months. Her soon to be ex-husband has recently threatened to with accusing her of adultery. Her divorce is final in July. I don't want her to get into trouble but I don't want to stop seeing her either.

LdiJ

Nolegalegal said:
My concern is that I am/was dating someone who has been legally seperated for about 8 months. Her soon to be ex-husband has recently threatened to with accusing her of adultery. Her divorce is final in July. I don't want her to get into trouble but I don't want to stop seeing her either.
She needs to just ignore him...but it wouldn't hurt to be discrete either. I am not suggesting sneaking around, just be fairly low profile.

rmet4nzkx

Nolegalegal said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

Is it ok for someone in VA to date when they are legally seperated?
Va has statutes re cohabitation re custody and visitation, that being said, until the divorce is final, be sure not to violate those statutes, is your "Friend" being sued already for Adultry? Of course it may be too late.

Nolegalegal

It basically boils down to the fact that her soon to be ex-husband is trying to make her miserable. He's only making the statements because he can't understand why she would want someone else "touching her". She's a great woman and a great mom. Her greatest fear is that he will get custody of their 3 yr old daughter. I've known her for 4 months. Not once has there been an interaction between her daughter and myself. Like I said before I just don't want to make things worse. I've never been thru a divorce. I would think that she should contact her attorney and tell him what he's saying/threatening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">