• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating while legally separated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dae

My husband and I are legally separated, can we date other people during our separation? Or is that considered adultry?

Please help!! :confused:

Last edited:

gphjr

DUH

First of all you didn't state your state
2nd Why would you want to date and start another problem when neither of you got rid of the last.
Third Your still married.

Take a guess I'll bet you get it right.

D

Dae

Well, first of all I am from Maryland. Second, our break up was a mutual agreement. We tried for 2 years to make it work, we just couldn't do it. We did counseling and the whole nine yards. We are still civil to each other, and are in agreement on splitting up all assetts and debts equally. Trust me, I am in no way ready to try and start up another relationship...the question was mainly because IF something should come up in the future...what are my legal rights? Besides...I believe he has a girlfriend, just keeping in low key.

The state of MD has stupid laws. After trying for 2 years and realizing, mutually, we should go on with our lives you'd think we could divorce. But no, we have to wait 1 full year after separation before we can even file. Makes life that much harder for yet another year.

So think about that, and tell me....

HomeGuru

Dae said:
My husband and I are legally separated, can we date other people during our separation? Or is that considered adultry?

Please help!! :confused:
My response: you can date but no sex otherwise it may be deemed as an adultry.

gphjr

Again

If I were you I wouldn't date in the open. So what he has a girlfriend. That may give you ammunition to claim adultrey or at least accuse you of it and try to get proof. I don't know the Maryland law or if it has fault divorce. You think that you have decided on the assets? Let him find out that you may be with some one else and his attitude will change. Look at your to that fact that he may have another women waiting in the backroud. You have a year to fester and ask for more as you find out more. Divorce gets ulgy real quick.

gphjr

Homeguru for you

So sue me for divorce for not spelling the word correctly. I never claimed to be an english major. The young lady asked a question and I gave her my opinion. If your going to use this place as a spot to annoy people i suggest that you do it some place else.

nuf said

H

HumorMe!

Re: Homeguru for you

gphjr said:
So sue me for divorce for not spelling the word correctly. I never claimed to be an english major. The young lady asked a question and I gave her my opinion. If your going to use this place as a spot to annoy people i suggest that you do it some place else.

nuf said
Why would anybody want to do that? This is the PERFECT spot to annoy people! Whether one wants to or not! :)

Lighten up, Junior!

Laugh a bit. It's good for the soul.

HM

Billy Bob and Lester were talking one afternoon when Billy Bob tells Lester, "Ya know, I reckon I'm about ready for a vacation. Only this year I'm gonna do it a little different. The last few years, I took your suggestions as to where to go. Three years ago you said to go to Hawaii. I went to Hawaii and Marie got pregnant. Then two years ago, you told me to go to the
Bahamas, and Marie got pregnant again. Last year you suggested Tahiti and darned if Marie didn't get pregnant
again."

Lester asks Billy Bob, "So, what you gonna do this year that's
different?"

Billy Bob says, "This year I'm taking Marie with me."

HomeGuru

gphjr said:

nuf said
My response: Calm down will ya. I never once express or implied that your opinion was not worthy, was incorrect or was full of crap. You get annoyed too easily tantamount to road rage on the information superhighway.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gphjr said:
If your going to use this place as a spot to annoy people i suggest that you do it some place else.
My response:

The word "your" is possessory, of or relating to you or yourself or yourselves especially as possessor or possessors; e.g., Your car is in the driveway; or, Your home is beautiful.

However, in your sentence context, your use of the word "your" should have been the "contraction" for "you are" - - which is spelled "you're".

So, your non-possessory sentence should have read :

"If you're going to use this place as a spot to annoy people i suggest that you do it some place else."

IAAL

P.S. We're just playing with you.

Last edited:
L

lawrat

testosterone hard at work on them thar hills called the bulletin boards.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lawrat said:
testosterone
My response:

Is that one of them thar I-talian words ?

Sounds like a pasta dish - - "I'll have a plate of testosterone and meat sauce, with two "meatballs" and a large, hot, "sausage" please."

Nice to see you around, Lawrat !

IAAL

Last edited:

gphjr

NUF Said

My testies were not in a up roar. I was not angry. Sometimes I read things in here that really offend people. I don't offend anyone and I don't want anyone to offend me. Do one to others as you would want them to do to you.

I say not more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: NUF Said

gphjr said:
"My testies . . . "
"Do one to others as you would want them to do to you."
My response:

The word is " testis ".

And, I believe the proverb is:

"Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth. So please, don't be upset with me, because I'd hate for you to do unto me, as I have done unto you.

IAAL

D

Dae

WOW! We went from 'dating while separated' to 'spelling/grammar' to 'testosterone' to 'BASHING ITALIAN'S'...now that is just WRONG!! And you wonder why us woman leave you guys!! Just kidding :p

There is always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, some of us find it earlier than others!! Enjoy life, you only live it once
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">