• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deadbeat husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pattyd_2002

What is the name of your state? I live in Maine, does anyone know how I can get a divorce when I have no idea where the deadbeat is??? I have not heard from him since 5/98. Any ideas would be helpful

P

pegasus1969

If you have his SSN and DOB then he shouldn't be too hard to find, and any other info on him would help you. Mother's maiden name, last known address, next of kin, fingerprints, etc. Your attorney should be able to find him.

sunshine_04658

Service by Publication

If you made reasonable efforts to find your husband, I believe that you can serve him by publication.

Ask the clerk of courts for a Service by Publication packet (it is the most expensive way to serve, you may need to file for a fee waiver), but I believe that the paper will print the Notification of Service by publication for three consecutive weeks giving your husband notice. You should ask the clerk of courts for more information about this.

LdiJ

sunshine_04658 said:
If you made reasonable efforts to find your husband, I believe that you can serve him by publication.

Ask the clerk of courts for a Service by Publication packet (it is the most expensive way to serve, you may need to file for a fee waiver), but I believe that the paper will print the Notification of Service by publication for three consecutive weeks giving your husband notice. You should ask the clerk of courts for more information about this.
You do, of course, realize that this thread is 4 years old?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">