• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deadbeat husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacksofamber

What is the name of your state?
I live in Michigan. I filed for divorce already. My husband and I have a house together and I moved out of that house about 10 months ago and I filed for divorce about a month ago. Our house is torn apart right now and has been for a couple of years because my husband is a deadbeat. The house needs to be fixed up in order for one of us to buy it or for us to sell it. I'm afraid to put money into it because he might destory it and he's doing next to nothing to fix it up. On top of this he has not paid hardly ANY bills since January, including the house payment. My parents loaned him money to bring the house up to date so that the defaulted payments would not ruin my credit ( I am a student and need student loans to finish school). Since that loan, he has again let the house payments get behind. What can I do? I heard that I might be able to kick him out for not making payments. Is that true? If so, how? If not, what else can I do? I'm worried sick that he's going to screw up the rest of my life by screwing up my chances for getting into graduate school by not making the stinking house payments, which he can afford and I cannot. Please, please, please help me. Thank you.

Last edited:

LdiJ

stacksofamber said:
What is the name of your state?
I live in Michigan. I filed for divorce already. My husband and I have a house together and I moved out of that house about 10 months ago and I filed for divorce about a month ago. Our house is torn apart right now and has been for a couple of years because my husband is a deadbeat. The house needs to be fixed up in order for one of us to buy it or for us to sell it. I'm afraid to put money into it because he might destory it and he's doing next to nothing to fix it up. On top of this he has not paid hardly ANY bills since January, including the house payment. My parents loaned him money to bring the house up to date so that the defaulted payments would not ruin my credit ( I am a student and need student loans to finish school). Since that loan, he has again let the house payments get behind. What can I do? I heard that I might be able to kick him out for not making payments. Is that true? If so, how? If not, what else can I do? I'm worried sick that he's going to screw up the rest of my life by screwing up my chances for getting into graduate school by not making the stinking house payments, which he can afford. Please, please, please help me. Thank you.
If you don't have an attorney then you are probably going to need to get one. Its appears that he is deliberately complicating the situation. An attorney would be in the best position to help you get that corrected. You are also going to have to make sure that the house payments are made if you want to protect your credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">