• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deadline for final decree?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brightfuture

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

A judgment was rendered in my boyfriend's divorce case almost 4 months ago. The judge ordered his spouse's attorney to prepare the final judgment. So far, he has not. My boyfriend then had his attorney prepare the final judgment, but the other attorney still won't approve it for the judge's signature. So far he's complied with everything the judge ordered, but his spouse has said flat out that he won't ever get a signature and just won't agree to sign. My boyfriend's attorney has said he doesn't know if there's anything that can be done. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

linsue

Final Judgment

I'll be following this thread with a great deal of interest. I am basically in the same situation and so far I haven't really gotten any kind of answer. My attorney finally filed the FJ without the opponent's concurrence and the opponent simply filed an objection and so the FJ still has not been finalized. The latest is that we have asked for a hearing with the judge. The judge has agreed to have a hearing to see if a hearing is necessary! By the way, the hearing to see if a hearing is necessary is months away. No wonder the courts are overloaded!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">