• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealing with my ex wife's husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aaron92130

Hello,
I live in San Diego, CA and am having to deal with my ex wife's husband more than I would like to. He always finds a way to get involved in our divorce issues, and even issues regarding our son. He responds to the emails I send her, and sends me unsolicited emails.

How can I get him to stop this?

Thank you,
Aaron

mistoffolees

Hello,
I live in San Diego, CA and am having to deal with my ex wife's husband more than I would like to. He always finds a way to get involved in our divorce issues, and even issues regarding our son. He responds to the emails I send her, and sends me unsolicited emails.

Thank you,
Aaron
Move to another planet?

Legally, he has no right to get involved. In practice, however, there's not much you can do about it. If your ex-wife wants her husband to answer her emails, it will happen.

LdiJ

Hello,

Thank you,
Aaron
Well, your first step would be to politely tell him, or politely respond to his emails, saying "I believe that this is an issue that needs to be discussed/handled between XXX and I. I will be happy to discuss it with her".

If that doesn't work, then the next step would be to find a way to communicate with your ex that he cannot hijack, if for no other reason than to calmly tell her that you will not deal with her husband on those issues, that you will only deal with her...and then stick to that.

If that still doesn't work, then you have to decide if its important enough to take it back to court or not. If it is, then you make a motion to the court to order that only the two parents communicate with each other regarding the children...and again stick to that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">