• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Heathr0521

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband got divorced with his ex-wife a while back.. They owned a house together, in the divorce decree he was suppose to pay her money for her interest of the home(He got rewarded the house). Also, in the decree it listed that she refinance the truck she got rewarded in the divorce out of my husbands name also. Now she let the truck get reposessed in his name. Now my husband is selling his house, he was suppose to pay her when he sold it. What could be done for him not to pay her or just give her the difference on the truck?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He needs to pay her what he is ordered to pay her on the house. He can sue her for contempt and ask the judge to order her to pay him the amount of money that is owed on the truck. They are two separate incidents. One does not cancel the obligation on the other.

nextwife

He needs to pay her what he is ordered to pay her on the house. He can sue her for contempt and ask the judge to order her to pay him the amount of money that is owed on the truck. They are two separate incidents. One does not cancel the obligation on the other.
And if he acts quickly, maybe he can get an order that deducts the amount from sales proceeds by the time the house is sold and closed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">