• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt Revisited

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troyrsmith99

I recently posted if I am responsible for marital debt weather it be in my name or not (which it isn't.). My next question is since I am responsible for paying off the debt. Do I have a say in what manner the debt can be paid off. Her credit is already in the tank she want's to to debt consolidation and I want to pay it of with debt settlement. Do I have a say in it, since I will be paying half of it off? Do I get half the equity in the house?, and can I use that to pay some of it off. I paid the mortgage for the last 3 years. Am I entitled to half of her 401k, is she entitled to half of mine?

All comments are apreciated

seniorjudge

I recently posted if I am responsible for marital debt weather it be in my name or not (which it isn't.). My next question is since I am responsible for paying off the debt. Do I have a say in what manner the debt can be paid off. Her credit is already in the tank she want's to to debt consolidation and I want to pay it of with debt settlement. Do I have a say in it, since I will be paying half of it off? Do I get half the equity in the house?, and can I use that to pay some of it off. I paid the mortgage for the last 3 years. Am I entitled to half of her 401k, is she entitled to half of mine?

All comments are apreciated
Sorry, but this site is for United States law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">