• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Decree Enforcement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rayray1214

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WY

I have been divorced for nearly 3 months. After obtaining my decree, I have attempted with the help of a civil assist to regain my property located at my ex husbands home. I have not been able to get my property because he has it locked up and seems to never be home when the civil standby calls to schedule my pick up.
We also had a joint account that I gave to him in the divorce. It is also stated that we are responsible for our own debts after date of separation (6months ago) However, I cannot take my name off the account because he continues to get cash advances through the bank and runs it negative. I cannot do any financial business with our bank because my name is on this account and is having negative remarks on me.

I am not sure how contempt works or if this even constitutes contempt. Does it seem to be?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WY

I have been divorced for nearly 3 months. After obtaining my decree, I have attempted with the help of a civil assist to regain my property located at my ex husbands home. I have not been able to get my property because he has it locked up and seems to never be home when the civil standby calls to schedule my pick up.
We also had a joint account that I gave to him in the divorce. It is also stated that we are responsible for our own debts after date of separation (6months ago) However, I cannot take my name off the account because he continues to get cash advances through the bank and runs it negative. I cannot do any financial business with our bank because my name is on this account and is having negative remarks on me.

I am not sure how contempt works or if this even constitutes contempt. Does it seem to be?
I think that taking him back to court for contempt is all that you can realistically do at this point. Perhaps that will be enough to spark him to cooperate and get things taken care of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">