• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed of Trust to Secure Assumption-should I sign this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mercedes7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas

Recently Divorced, husband was granted our only house in the divorce. One year later he shows up at my doorstep saying "they transferred our old house over to him and not the current house" therefore he needs me to sign Deed of Trust to Secure Assumption... In the papers he gave me I'm listed as the beneficiary and he is the grantor.

Is this necessary for me to sign? Is it in my benefit? What exactly is Deed of Trust to Secure Assumption?

Thanks so much for your time.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas

Recently Divorced, husband was granted our only house in the divorce. One year later he shows up at my doorstep saying "they transferred our old house over to him and not the current house" therefore he needs me to sign Deed of Trust to Secure Assumption... In the papers he gave me I'm listed as the beneficiary and he is the grantor.

Is this necessary for me to sign? Is it in my benefit? What exactly is Deed of Trust to Secure Assumption?

Thanks so much for your time.
NEVER sign anything that you don't understand. Have an attorney look it over before signing unless you're absolutely certain what you're agreeing to. Since you're asking the question here, you need to have it reviewed.

And if your name is on the mortgage, you should have insisted on him refinancing to get your name off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">