• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Default Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Licia

I am petitioner. I missed the 2nd date of trial and it was completed in my absence. His attorney was to prepare the final judgment but was fired and nothing was filed. I lost an attempted set aside because it exceeded the time limits. His new attorney has prepared a judgment that i will not sign. Can I write my own?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?California

Licia

Can I write the judgment? I am petitioiner and a default divorce was granted in my absence. His new attorney has prepared one that is not accurate and I have refused to sign it as is. She won't make changes. Can there be 2 judgments? I have no attorney now but need to protect myself.

Kane

You can write your own judgment, but it will have no effect on anything unless or until it's signed by the judge.

The judge isn't going to sign it, if it doesn't reflect what she ordered.

Since you weren't there, it's going to be hard to know what the orders were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">