• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Default Set Aside Before Judgement was entered - Now What?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SuccessfulOne

What is the name of your state?
California

A motion for "dissolution-custody-visitation" was filed by my ex husband, he won by default. Before the default was entered, I found out that he filed for full custody, spousal support, etc.. but i was served with joint custody papers so I filed a motion to set aside default and it was granted due to "fraud". He was convicted and sentenced to sum**** probation.

He then filed for custody and visitation and was awarded monitored visitation 2 hours a week. I was given a 3 year restraining order protecting me and the minor child from him with an exception for supervised visitation. The petitioner verbally requested that we get a divorce and that the courts make the divorce date "retroactive" to 2003 because he was remarried in that year. The judge said she could not retroact the date because the judgement was never entered and that I needed to "bring the dissolution to the courts attention by filing the proper paperwork". What is the paperwork needed to bring it to the courts attention and When I file it, does my title change from "respondent" to "petitioner"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">