• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deja Vu....gotta get out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John M

saratoga county, new york.

i have been married to my wife for 3yrs 10 mos. shortly after our marriage she was injured and has been disabled for 2 1/2 yrs
(can't/wont work).. Our relationship has suffered greatly, and she has become increasingly verbally abusive as well as overindulges in
alcohol and an array of strong medications (pain killers and anti-anxiety medications)

We have recently purchased a new home, and she has now escalated her abusiveness to unbearable levels...

I initiated counseling with a local therapist; however, my wife failed to make most of the appointments, and has discontinued attending
sessions.

I need to get out of this marriage.... I overheard her speaking to one of her friends, indicating that if I pursued a divorce, she would fight
it, and that she would "clean me out."

Can she do this?... Will I actually be required to pay this person alimony? What about my home.... I paid for this residence without
any financial assistance from her. Is she entitled to any proceeds from this residence?

Help me....what options do I have? (2nd submission of this posting....please RSVP)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">