• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delaware- QDRO's .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RAKESH15

What is the name of your state?

Delaware

We are divorced and I have a chunk in 401K+Profit sharing - [125+K - USD
a combind plan - by company ] due to having 20 yrs of my job.

My wife did 7-8 diff. full time jobs
and from some of them, she got pension/annuity/retirement which she deposited into her account at that time of the year ( not telling/showing me at all).

I have 3 proofs of concrete papers ( showing total - 55+K from three of her jobs, she received during those time frame.

Now she wants share from my 401K and trying to prepare QDRO from a lawyer as per judge's order.

What should I do?

Can I hire a lawyer in DE who can search into her IRA and private pension plan and find her retirement ammount received from companies?

Who prepares on-line QDRO's? Who is cheaper service QDRO prepared? in Delaware.

Any guidance, what should I (husband) do??

How they calculate share? just interest?

only 50/50,

Only Profit sharing? What about teh amounts you got deducted from your pay-roll???

how they calculate interest, which she withdrew 3-4 yrs ago the Pension amount and deposited into her IRA?

Any good advice for a DElaweraen for a cheap, good lawyer?

Thx.

Last edited:

LdiJ

If you are already at the point where a judge has ordered her attorney to prepare a QDRO regarding your 401k, then you may have left it too long.

You need to hire yourself an attorney ASAP. If she has retirement funds you are entitled to a share of hers just as she is entitled to a share of yours. However, again, you may have left it too late. Get an attorney NOW. If you have 125k in retirement funds you were foolish not to hire an attorney from the very start.

RAKESH15

^^ Thx for yr valuable reply and I completely agree with it.

She did not show anything in her 16 C
and did not fill out even wright chart or 52-D.

and we have Pre-trial hearing on May 23, 07 and final hearing on July 17.

I have concrete hard copies of her profit sharing amount from old jobs
she collected ( nearly 55+k and may be more from other jobs I am not aware of )and will present it tomorrow with Judge's pre-trail.

I also have copied of her Regular IRA having 100+K amount total ,
and also have alreday written a letter to judge that she did full time jobs for past 22+ yrs and did collect pensions ,
giving the list of all of her full time jobs schedule with name and time-span of each job of her past years.

I still have 1+ month before a final trial heraing,
to open her cards... and can even write in the
52-d forms, under the colum of dispute items.

Am I right?

or, am I missing something.

She does not have a lawyer yet but I think,.. she must have ( not sure ) hired very recently as per judge's order,.... for her QDRO's layout. [ to bite 50% from my profit sharing plan ]

Pl. advise me quickly.

Thx again.

Also,.. advise me,.....

How smart the lawyers are to find all invested amount of her from anywhere, by using her S. S. no ONLY ?

Can they find any hidden investments from anywhere?? ,,,
or they are also under fedreal laws restrictions
and can find ..and call and contact ...... teh banks/broerage / firms/ org. only you tell them or reading tax forms...etc. ??

Do they have extra powerful software to find out anything from anywhere just by
using S S no ??

Pl. explain me , how this discovery and smart investigation works?? I doubt, she has many mnay hidden accounts across stae in Credit Unions, life insurances and across state banks .

Pl. fil me in, as I am really confused.

Thx.

Last edited:

Bali Hai

^^ Thx for yr valuable reply and I completely agree with it.

She did not show anything in her 16 C
and did not fill out even wright chart or 52-D.

and we have Pre-trial hearing on May 23, 07 and final hearing on July 17.

I have concrete hard copies of her profit sharing amount from old jobs
she collected ( nearly 55+k and may be more from other jobs I am not aware of )and will present it tomorrow with Judge's pre-trail.

I also have copied of her Regular IRA having 100+K amount total ,
and also have alreday written a letter to judge that she did full time jobs for past 22+ yrs and did collect pensions ,
giving the list of all of her full time jobs schedule with name and time-span of each job of her past years.

I still have 1+ month before a final trial heraing,
to open her cards... and can even write in the
52-d forms, under the colum of dispute items.

Am I right?

or, am I missing something.

She does not have a lawyer yet but I think,.. she must have ( not sure ) hired very recently as per judge's order,.... for her QDRO's layout. [ to bite 50% from my profit sharing plan ]

Pl. advise me quickly.

Thx again.

Also,.. advise me,.....

How smart the lawyers are to find all invested amount of her from anywhere, by using her S. S. no ONLY ?

and can find ..and call and contact ...... teh banks/broerage / firms/ org. only you tell them or reading tax forms...etc. ??

Do they have extra powerful software to find out anything from anywhere just by
using S S no ??

Pl. explain me , how this discovery and smart investigation works?? I doubt, she has many mnay hidden accounts across stae in Credit Unions, life insurances and across state banks .

Pl. fil me in, as I am really confused.

Thx.
You have been advised correctly. If you don't hire an attorney immediately, you only have yourself to blame if she beats you out of your portion of marital assets.

RAKESH15

^^ THx for yr views and comments.

What is the name of your state?

Delaware.

Also,.. advise me,.....

and can find ..and call and contact ...... the banks/broerage / firms/ org. ....only you tell them or..... reading tax forms...etc. ??

Do they have extra powerful software to find out anything from anywhere, just by
using S S no. ??

Pl. explain me , how this discovery and smart investigation works??

I doubt, that she has many many hidden accounts across state in Credit Unions, life insurances and across the DE state banks .

Pl. fill me in, as I am really confused.

Thx.

Can U go to supreme court, if not satisfied??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">