• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denying divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbarcelos

I live in the state of CA. My husband has petitioned for divorce. He sometimes tells me he's confused and doesn't know what he wants, can I deny the "final" divorce papers. I've already been served and around the middle of June our divorce papers will be drawn up and we have to sign them, I guess, right? Do I have to sign the divorce papers or can I delay our divorce by not signing them?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You can't stop the divorce by not signing them. If you refuse, a judge will sign them and that will be that.

stealth2 said:
You can't stop the divorce by not signing them. If you refuse, a judge will sign them and that will be that.
What is difference between signing divorce papers or have judge to sign papers because this person refused? I meant, what is the point of signing if judge would do for you?

- Tom

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's all done sooner, basically. Most likely it would then require that the whole shebang go to court, blah blah blah. If her refusal to sign leads to greater legal fees for hubby, she may find herself ordered to pay them, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">