• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate need of advice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jjmills

Where to start? My partner of two years has been separated for his soon to be ex wife for just over two years now.
He is in the middle of arranging a settlement with his solicitors, when her solicitors are saying she needs 70% of the sold house proceeds because she needs to buy a house. She is one woman (no kids at all) in a 4 bed house (previous marital home) of which my partner currently pays 80% of the bills in addition to our outgoings, and we are in a 2 bed flat that is rented.
We also need capital to buy a house for us which is what we are fighting for.
We also have a 10 month old baby. Will she be entitled to 70% ? Or will we be entitled to more as we have a baby and therefore need a bigger place?
Any advice is appreciated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Where to start? My partner of two years has been separated for his soon to be ex wife for just over two years now.
He is in the middle of arranging a settlement with his solicitors, when her solicitors are saying she needs 70% of the sold house proceeds because she needs to buy a house. She is one woman (no kids at all) in a 4 bed house (previous marital home) of which my partner currently pays 80% of the bills in addition to our outgoings, and we are in a 2 bed flat that is rented.
We also need capital to buy a house for us which is what we are fighting for.
We also have a 10 month old baby. Will she be entitled to 70% ? Or will we be entitled to more as we have a baby and therefore need a bigger place?
Any advice is appreciated.
You are quite the picky one taking up with a married man and then expecting that the wife should get nothing. You having a baby has nothing to do with the marital property. Hopefully you are working.

Jjmills

Thanks

yes, apologies - just saw it was US only.
Well thanks for your opinion, albeit biased. After today's hearing it looks as if it will go in our favour 60/40 due to other issues thankfully. So no worries. I just fancied getting some other advice in the mean time.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with you. You are not a party to their divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">