• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In Desperate Need Of Help!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stormylove2001

Pennsylvania

:confused: March of 2002 I married a woman from Jamaica. She was already living in the United States but was not a permanent resident. After we married, she moved into my apartment with me. Immediately after the marriage was complete, she changed from loving and affectionate to a complete stranger. She wouldn't let me touch her, and the marriage was never consumated. She claimed this was because she needed time, but insisted that she loved me. I was in love, so I accepted her explanation. After about 6 months of this, things had gotten pretty unbearable, and she moved out to her cousins house. We continued to speak, and this was supposed to be a 'temporary seperation'. Well, a few months later, she got her own apartment, and told me she thought we needed more time apart. I had no choice but to accept this. Around this time (June 2003), I moved from 'our' apartment back into my mother's house, due to financial hardships. My wife and I continued to speak and she assured me that she wanted to stay married and that she loved me but she needed some time to grow. (She was only 20 when we married; I was 28) I was okay with this, because she gave me no reason to think she was being unfaithful. We still 'dated' and hung out, but that was it. Around August of 2004, I began considering moving to Virginia with the mother of my daughter, to help her out. (She suffered from Panic Disorder and was afraid to be alone.) Since things hadn't changed between my wife and I, in October 2004 I went to Virginia to visit my daughter and apply to be added to the lease there. (My daughter's mother was living on Section 8). I informed my wife of my intentions, and suddenly things changed. She loved me again, and wanted me to move in with her at the end of the month. Then she told me we had to go to some appointment for immigration purposes that month, and so I went. She told me she'd do all the talking, and seeing as how we were supposed to be getting back together again, I figured it was okay. All I was asked at the meeting was my age.
On the drive home, my wife began ranting and raving about how she wished she had never married me and how I wasn't capable of taking care of her. (I was unemployed at the time). A few days later, I left to Virginia to live with my daughter and her mother.
I hadn't heard from my wife during this time, and I began considering divorce. In July 2004, I returned home to PA. I called my wife to ask about divorce, and she informed me I was to no longer bother her or her 2 children. (she had a son prior to our marriage, this second one was news to me.) I asked her if she would just give me the divorce since she obviously didn't love me and never had, and she told me she would only grant me a divorce if I signed a paper in front of a notary stating that we married for immigration purposes. This is NOT true!!!! I married her because I had loved her, and she forced me away. She said if she was going to lose her citizenship status, she'd make sure I ended up in jail. I don't know what I ever did to this woman, besides love her, but she's screwed me from the start. We have NEVER had sex and now she's trying to pin this child on me. All I want is a divorce and my life back. I made the biggest mistake of my life and just want to fix it.
I am unemployed due to health reasons (uncontrollable diabetes). I have no income, besides receiving foodstamps. I live at home with my mother. I have no assets or property. I don't want anything from her except a divorce and a paternity test to prove infedelity and that the child isn't mine. I know I should get a lawyer, but I can't afford one. I'm not even sure if there really is a child because I haven't seen her, I'n going only on her word.
Please, I really need some advice here. I don't know where to turn, and she's trying to destroy my life. I ordered some divorce forms online, but she refuses to sign. HELP ME!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">