• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thepro2cer

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania.

I've been out of my house since June. I moved out because I and the wife wasn't getting along well. One night I came in late and she bit me on the chest, being upset. We got into it and the police was called. They showed up and she told them I pushed her. I just reacted to being bit, but I didn't say anything to the police. They were in arrest him mode, amd that's when I realized it was toooo easy to go to jail because she would say something like this at another time.

I asked her to leave and she said she would before July. She never intended on leaving. I couldn't take the pressure any longer and left. I came back and forth when she wasn't there while I looked for an apartment. After getting the apartment, I continued to come by, but I wasn't paying mortgage. About 2 months later she changed the locks. She told me her lawyer said she could do this. I didn't know any better. So After considering paying half of the mortgage to maintain some presence using paperwork.I changed my mind.

Two nights ago, I called and after a friend did me a favor to get the man of the house to answer the phone......She handed the phone to the man!!!!!! Couldn't beleeeeve it!!!! This was about 9:45pm. I decided to go to the house confront this with police officers. They did nothing!!! I asked them to put him out and they didn't. I showed them proof of ownership and they said I couldn't go in if she didn't want me there. Unbeleevable. I told them after they leave, I was gonna do what I had to do to get in my house and they said fine. "It's your house". I proceeded to accidently break some slats trying to pull them out. I left and went to the apartment.

About an hour later, she shows up to the apartment with the police with a restraining order. I didn't answer the door. This is ridiculous. She was suppose to paying for the divorce since I left. There's nothing filed in my city tholugh it could be filed elsewhere. But I haven't received any documents stating this. I've decided to file myself. In the meantime I don't want another man in the house If I can't get in. I want to file a stayaway order against him. Can I do this? Can I get property while I'm waiting for the divorce? If I'm finally served and go to court, can I win anything after this situation? HELP ME>>>>>>>>>>>>It's crazy. What rights do I have?
Thanks for listening and responding. Raj

LdiJ

thepro2cer said:
What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania.

I've been out of my house since June. I moved out because I and the wife wasn't getting along well. One night I came in late and she bit me on the chest, being upset. We got into it and the police was called. They showed up and she told them I pushed her. I just reacted to being bit, but I didn't say anything to the police. They were in arrest him mode, amd that's when I realized it was toooo easy to go to jail because she would say something like this at another time.

I asked her to leave and she said she would before July. She never intended on leaving. I couldn't take the pressure any longer and left. I came back and forth when she wasn't there while I looked for an apartment. After getting the apartment, I continued to come by, but I wasn't paying mortgage. About 2 months later she changed the locks. She told me her lawyer said she could do this. I didn't know any better. So After considering paying half of the mortgage to maintain some presence using paperwork.I changed my mind.

Two nights ago, I called and after a friend did me a favor to get the man of the house to answer the phone......She handed the phone to the man!!!!!! Couldn't beleeeeve it!!!! This was about 9:45pm. I decided to go to the house confront this with police officers. They did nothing!!! I asked them to put him out and they didn't. I showed them proof of ownership and they said I couldn't go in if she didn't want me there. Unbeleevable. I told them after they leave, I was gonna do what I had to do to get in my house and they said fine. "It's your house". I proceeded to accidently break some slats trying to pull them out. I left and went to the apartment.

About an hour later, she shows up to the apartment with the police with a restraining order. I didn't answer the door. This is ridiculous. She was suppose to paying for the divorce since I left. There's nothing filed in my city tholugh it could be filed elsewhere. But I haven't received any documents stating this. I've decided to file myself. In the meantime I don't want another man in the house If I can't get in. I want to file a stayaway order against him. Can I do this? Can I get property while I'm waiting for the divorce? If I'm finally served and go to court, can I win anything after this situation? HELP ME>>>>>>>>>>>>It's crazy. What rights do I have?
Thanks for listening and responding. Raj
Your wife also owns the home. She has the legal right to allow anyone she likes to stay there. It was very childish of you to go to the home like that, to involve the police, and to do damage after the police left. That isn't going to help you in court. You not answering the door isn't going to make the restraining order go away either...eventually you are going to get served, so be smart and stay away.

thepro2cer

Situation

Thank you for your reply. You're right, but it wasn't being childish..I was being a man. That's disrepect, nothing more. she could go to his house. I just asked until the divorce is final, keep men out of the house. I can go back anytime I want, it's the law. It's still in my name. He's probably married. Would it be childish of me to inform his wife he's seeing my wife? I just found out she told the police I hit her!!!!!!! I'll stay away. The truth will come out and I'll be alright.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No - you were being a child. Grow up. You moved out in a snit, and then got pissy when she up-ed the ante.

LdiJ

thepro2cer said:
Thank you for your reply. You're right, but it wasn't being childish..I was being a man. That's disrepect, nothing more. she could go to his house. I just asked until the divorce is final, keep men out of the house. I can go back anytime I want, it's the law. It's still in my name. He's probably married. Would it be childish of me to inform his wife he's seeing my wife? I just found out she told the police I hit her!!!!!!! I'll stay away. The truth will come out and I'll be alright.
I would love to be in the courtroom when you say that to a judge....you are your own worst enemy. Look Dude, you did not behave like a man you behaved like a child. You and your wife separated and you left the house. The only respect she owes you is the same respect you owe her...to behave like civilized adults, not like children.

thepro2cer

OK, So since I'm my own worst enemy and I thought that I had a point. When the divorce comes up, do I just give up everything because I moved out. Do I bring in the fact that she was seeing someone before the divorce was final? I'm truly here for help and criticism, not to fight. I can take it. Her family didn't think it was right, friends didn't think it was right, but you're saying it's right AND HER right.

Becuase I decided to move out, being she could accuse me of hitting her....which I just mentioned she did in the restraining order......AND I DIDN'T GET NEAR HER!! Was that right? Work with me. It's easy for women to put men in a bad light in front of police, but is it right for her to accuse me of hitting her when I didn't? OHH she's driving around in his car too, guess that's alright huh? Thanks...............

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">