• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate Situation...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theshatterclan

My situation is desperate. I live in Kansas. I am in a three year relationship that is common law according to Kansas law. My spouse presents herself as my wife and I have evidence as such. I have caught my wife cheating, (again) and have had enough. I do have hard evidence of this and with more than one individual. The house, and car are mine. All of the furniture is in my name but paid for by her, (came from a rent to own). I am unemployed and a full time college student having left my job at her request in order to pursue my studies. She earns substantial income to the tune of over nine thousand a month through death benefits and VA compensation that amounts to about 6200 and a home business that I helped her establish that makes up the other three thousand. Furthermore, I have recently been contacted by an insurance agency that I have apparently taken out a policy and named her as the policy beneficiary, (I have done no such thing and can only assume she forged my name). My family is concerned about this in particular due to the fact that she is twice widowed. There are further complications due to the fact that we had attempted to have a baby a couple of years through Invetero, and there are still seven frozen embryos sitting in KU medical. I have been basically held hostage by the existence of these embryos, as she has said that she would still use them. I no longer consider her to be mentally stable. She is not honest and I do not trust her. Another complication is that I have recently added her name to my property before discovering all of this. This was done as a measure of good faith towards the possibility of our future child as she was, (or acted) paranoid about my ex from a previous relationship possibly being able to take over the property if anything happened to me and we had a baby. I did this so that the baby would not be without a home, not so I could get ripped off by someone who at this point is obviously hustling me. The house is not paid for and the loan is mine. She has four children of her own currently living on my property. I am also about 10,000 in debt on credit cards due to her use of them. I know I have been gullible and I know I am in trouble, what can I do? One piece of advice I have been given is to get out of the house and file for divorce ASAP. Is this realistic? I have no money now due to being unemployed and would have to use a law clinic from Washburn University. I know this all sounds crazy but I am not making it up. This is happening to me right now and I need help.

I am not sure I would classifiy you as gullible. My opionion is get a lawyer, cut your losses, use your disablility to your advantage quit playing house until you are ready to get married, and remember the word PRENUPTUALS. Have a good day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">