• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Devorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

caseycr

What is the name of your state? California
My wife and I have been married for a little over a year, she had a good job at a local bank in the San Diego area and I was in the US Marines. Due to incompatability problems over the past year we have filed for devorce. We both have moved back in with our respective parents, she is working at the local bank and I have gone back to school full time. We have split all of our belongings, she took what she wanted and I have what is left over. I also have already given her all of my share of our savings and have given her additional money to pay off any debt that I generated. There has been NO physical abuse and I did try to make it work. In the past couple of days she has contacted me and thretend to cause me serious problems if I didn't give her everything she wants. I am afraid that she will try to get my GI Bill that I need to allow me to continue school. Now I just want out of this nightmare and get on with my life. My friends tell me that in devorce the wife gets everything she wants, so I want to find out whare I stand legally. Am I required to keep paying her off, when can I expect this to be over and done with.

A sad ex Marine

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The wife does *not* get everything she wants - unless the husband is a total wuss and agrees to everything she wants. You deserve roughly half, so stand up for yourself! Don't wimp out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">