• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did my husband father a child????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PuzzledInWI

What is the name of your state? WI
my husband (lives in minneosta) and i (live in wisconsin) have been separated about a year and a half, and it has been pretty amicable. we decided to do the divorce ourselves, so we had a lawyer draw up the papers, and i am currently waiting for the final draft. just today, i found out that he may have fathered a child. is there i way i can find out this info, because it will definitely change the divorce. can anyone help? thanks.

rmet4nzkx

PuzzledInWI said:
What is the name of your state? WI
my husband (lives in minneosta) and i (live in wisconsin) have been separated about a year and a half, and it has been pretty amicable. we decided to do the divorce ourselves, so we had a lawyer draw up the papers, and i am currently waiting for the final draft. just today, i found out that he may have fathered a child. is there i way i can find out this info, because it will definitely change the divorce. can anyone help? thanks.
Both WI and MN are no fault states so you cannot sue on grounds of adultery, WI is a community property state while MN is an equatiable distribution state, you might be able to make some allowance in your property settlement and/or spousal support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">