• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Difference between Grant Deed Vs. QuitClaim Deed Anyone??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sddad

What is the name of your state? California

My question is can anyone explain the differerences between a Grant Deed vs. QuitClaim Deed.

The reason I am asking this is that the Ex of my g/f had originally agreed to giving her the house when they finalized the divorce back in November 2003. Now he has gone back to court to ask for a new ruling to see if he can have 1/2 of the property as he is having a change of heart and is using an excuse that the paperwork was dated incorrectly when he signed it.

Moreover, he signed the grant deed instead of the quitclaim deed when she refinanced and removed his name. That is why I am asking this. Also, what are his chances of having the judge reverse the original agreement?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">