• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disolution without attorneys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

If my wife an I can write up a fair disolution agreement will it be accepted by the court ?

We already have reached an agreement and created a rough draft and are now taking a few days to think it over before we write the final agreement.

How will the disolution process un fold.

Thanks,
Don

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

If my wife an I can write up a fair disolution agreement will it be accepted by the court ?

We already have reached an agreement and created a rough draft and are now taking a few days to think it over before we write the final agreement.

How will the disolution process un fold.

Thanks,
Don
If you reach an agreement, the court will almost certainly approve it - unless there's something blatantly dishonest about it.

However, if the situation is at all complicated (children, lots of investments, debt, etc), I would encourage you to go ahead and reach an agreement and then have it reviewed by an attorney. Make sure you tell him you aren't looking for changes, but just want to make sure there are no land mines. This board is full of stories of the outcome of badly written agreements.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you reach an agreement, the court will almost certainly approve it - unless there's something blatantly dishonest about it.

However, if the situation is at all complicated (children, lots of investments, debt, etc), I would encourage you to go ahead and reach an agreement and then have it reviewed by an attorney. Make sure you tell him you aren't looking for changes, but just want to make sure there are no land mines. This board is full of stories of the outcome of badly written agreements.
Not true. It better meet all the requirements set forth by the local rules and the rules of civil procedure in order for the court to sign off on it. I do agree that they should have an attorney review it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">