• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolution or Annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wanda Sampson

I am from Ohio and left my husband after 34 years of marriage from incompatability and putting me in a state of deep depression and making me ill. Can I get an annullment or dissolution if both parties agree and there are no property or support involved in the issue and can I get any type of assistance from him as I am disabled? Thank you so much for your time and really appreciate what you are doing here for us less fortunate people who cannot afford legal advice. Wanda Sampson

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You don't qualify for an "annulment".

Ohio statutory "grounds" for divorce - -

A. dissolution of marriage
- parties agree in mutual consent that marriage should be terminated by court, they agree on every area, such as division of marital property, spousal support, parental rights and responsibilities, child support, etc. Court does not have to decide, it just terminates marriage upon this mutual consent.

Code: § 3105.65 (1980)

B. divorce of marriage
- separation without cohabitation for uninterrupted period of one year
- incompatibility, unless denied by either party
- willful absence of adverse party for one year
- adultery
- extreme cruelty
- fraudulent contract
- any gross neglect of duty
- habitual drunkenness
- imprisonment of adverse party in penitentiary at time of filing complaint
- procurement of divorce outside this state, by husband or wife, by virtue of which party who procured it is released from obligations of marriage, while those obligations remain binding upon other party

Code: 3105.01

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">