• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolution, child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bill7774

Ohio
I am filling out the dissolution packet from the court. I already have a child support order. How do I incorporate this into the dissolution? My wife had a TPO against me and was given temporary custody and I was ordered to pay child support. (The TPO was eventually dropped)
Also, on the child support worksheet line 26 says "For decree child support per child per month". I have four children. It looks like I have to pay four times this amount? If this is the case I would be paying more than four times what I am currently paying. :confused:
Also in the divorce agreement she agreed to me paying a lesser child support amount than was figured on the worksheet. Do I have to go by the amount on the worksheet?
Thanks

Nocgirl

You generally do not pay 4 times the amount for 4 kids. It goes my percentage's. If you google child support guidelines for your state you should find some info. The mothers income should also be included.

For example, 1 child 17% of your income, 2 children 20% etc..

Make sure you are filing a visitation plan as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">