• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolution to Divorce..Unfortunately..need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonn4u75

What is the name of your state?Ohio
A very unfortunate situation.Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.
Me and my wife are married for 4.3 yrs and have been living separately for about 2yrs now. I have been helping her out financially all this 2 yrs and gave her a good car(i'm making payments).She has a college degree but she choose to work at coffee shop coz she likes working at coffee shop(thats what she says).We do not have any kids or assets.
We agreed on certain terms to file for dissolution.Over the last week or so we have been working on paperwork to file for dissolution.
All of a sudden she stoped communicating with me and a friend of hers(who is a tax attorney) is replying to all of her emails and phone calls i make.He asked me not to contact her directly in his emails.He said she would press harassment charges if i try to contact her directly.He is not authorized(not sure about how state bar exam thing works) to practice law in this state(he works in a different state)
I have done so much for her financially & still want to take care of things amicably.I'm not sure what she wants at this point.I'm not sure if they are planning on divorce or dissolution or what...This guy(her attorney friend) is actually complicating things than actually helping us resolve things.We are all in good shape until he entered into the middle....Any idea what to do?

Last edited:

ENASNI

make this concise

Sir, try to make this a little more clear

Your wife wants a divorce.. no kids go from there okay,?

sonn4u75

Sorry for the confusion.
Here are the artifacts
My wife and me both agreed on some terms to end this marriage via dissolution.
All of a sudden she stopped communicating and her emails,phone calls are answered by a friend of hers(who is an attorney, he is a tax attorney and not eligible to practice in ohio)
I'm willing to co-operate and end this peacefully.
But this is not working because her attorney friend warned me not to communicate and that i would be pressed harassment charges if i try to communicate with her directly.
Without his involvement i'm sure me and my wife can fix this easily and get a dissolution.
I emailed this attorney friend and let him know that i'm willing to co-operate and if there is anything i can do to work on dissloution peacefully.He wouldn't answer to my question.But he simply says "you will hear from us about next steps soon".

I don't know what to do

Dura necessitas

Hire a good attorney to represent you. Obviously she does not want to go down 'easy' anymore. Don't contact her at all yourself-it might make matters worse. Move on, make someone else happy. Take care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">