• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolution of Marriage - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

s13t0ttz

What is the name of your state? California, Divorce

My wife and I and getting a divorce. She decided that she wanted to serve me and the idea was that I wouldn’t contest and she would just handle it herself. Now, there is a case number and I’ve checked it online and I don’t understand what I’m looking at, if it’s right, etc. Below are the dates and items filed. Below that is one proceeding that we had to go to. Says Off calendar.

I’m basically trying to understand what’s going on. I don’t get why nothing has moved. Is there an error that you can see? We have no property, assets, children, etc. It’s probably one of the most straight forward divorces. From what I understand, there would be 6 months from the request to enter default, at which point a judgement could be made. She just emailed me and said it’s going to be another couple months. Is that right? Is there something wrong?

I’m just trying to get my data straight. I don’t understand it well enough to even do anything about it and it’s very frustrating. From the data below, what can you tell me? I just need STRAIGHT FACTS...

Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)
02/11/2016 Request-Enter Default
12/29/2015 Request-Enter Default
09/14/2015 Proof of Service-Summons & Com
Filed by Petitioner
09/14/2015 Notice-Status Conference-POS
06/08/2015 Request- Waive Court Fees
Filed by Petitioner
06/08/2015 Summons-Family Law
Filed by Petitioner
06/08/2015 Petition
Filed by Petitioner
06/08/2015 Order-Court Fee Waiver
Filed by Petitioner

Proceedings Held (Proceeding dates listed in descending order)
10/15/2015 at 08:30 AM in Department CE2A, Nelson, Maren E., Presiding
Conference-Case Review - Off calendar

s13t0ttz

Any help?

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this? I'm trying to understand. Is there any more clarification that is needed or wanted?

Best,
Thor

s13t0ttz

You should likely consult with an attorney about your matter...

Hi,

I see. Is it really so complicated that I need to do that? I just want to understand the process. I do not know what is ideal and what is not. That's all. I don't even know if there's a reason to get with an attorney. If there is, I don't see it. So I'm looking for education. I'm a religious worker so I don't make very much money.

My divorce was similar in California. Here's what mine reads:

10/16/ REQUEST FOR DEFAULT FILED AND DEFAULT ENTERED ON PETITION XXXXX.
10/16/ INCOME AND EXPENSE DECLARATION FILED BY XXXXX
10/27/ CASE REVIEW CONFERENCE COMPLETED
11/3/ (FL) REQUEST FOR DEFAULT/UNCONTESTED JUDGMENT COMPLETED
11/3 DECLARATION FOR DEFAULT OR UNCONTESTED DISSOLUTION OR LEGAL SEPARATION (FAMILY CODE 2336) FILED
11/3/ JUDGMENT ENTERED AND NOTICE OF ENTRY OF JUDGMENT MAILED
11/3/ MARITAL STATUS ENDING DATE: XXXXXX
11/3/ STIPULATION TO APPOINT XXXX AS JUDGE PRO TEM SIGNED AND FILED

s13t0ttz

My divorce was similar in California. Here's what mine reads:

10/16/ REQUEST FOR DEFAULT FILED AND DEFAULT ENTERED ON PETITION XXXXX.
10/16/ INCOME AND EXPENSE DECLARATION FILED BY XXXXX
10/27/ CASE REVIEW CONFERENCE COMPLETED
11/3/ (FL) REQUEST FOR DEFAULT/UNCONTESTED JUDGMENT COMPLETED
11/3 DECLARATION FOR DEFAULT OR UNCONTESTED DISSOLUTION OR LEGAL SEPARATION (FAMILY CODE 2336) FILED
11/3/ JUDGMENT ENTERED AND NOTICE OF ENTRY OF JUDGMENT MAILED
11/3/ MARITAL STATUS ENDING DATE: XXXXXX
11/3/ STIPULATION TO APPOINT XXXX AS JUDGE PRO TEM SIGNED AND FILED
Hi,
Thank you for the data. Notice the amount of time that mine has been in 02/11/2016 Request-Enter Default. Doesn't that seem odd? It seems like yours went really fast. Mine has been on the slow boat. Should I go to the courthouse and find out what is happening? What do you think is happening?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">