• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distribution of Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confused08

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
We have been married for 3 years. The house is in our name but the entire downpayment ($300K) was from proceeds from my old house purchased before the marriage (which had been in my name). I have paid 80 to 90% of all taxes, mortgage and upkkeep. I also have about $100K in savings and $100K in IRAs(in my name) from before the marriage. She has no savings and about $20K in debt from before marriage. How much will she get after the divorce as all of the equity in the house and savings was from $$$ I contributed before we were married? There are no kids and she has been unemployed for 1 of the 3 years we were married

VeronicaGia

You need an excellent attorney to help you hash this out. No one here can tell you what a judge will decide as to division of property/assets/liabilities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">