• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

division of property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jam315

What is the name of your state? SC

I had a couple of bank accounts prior to getting married. The amounts in these accounts have grown since being married but money always mine. Is my wife entitled to those accounts?

1Peter169

jam315 said:
What is the name of your state? SC

I had a couple of bank accounts prior to getting married. The amounts in these accounts have grown since being married but money always mine. Is my wife entitled to those accounts?

How long have you been married?

Bali Hai

1Peter169 said:
How long have you been married?

That doesn't mean jack. She is entitled to any interest accrued and any deposits made in the accounts for the DURATION of the marriage.

Did you have a prenup?

jam315

we were married 7 years and had no prenump. right now she is just asking for the family house (which I am willing to give) but I fear that a lawyer may corrupt this process. is there any way to do this ourselves?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">