• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michael Upton

What is the name of your state? California
Thank you IAAl for your information. I'm just wanting to make this less painless than it already has been for the both of us. More and more court apperances is what I really want to avoid. I have friends that have divorced and never went to court as long as they were agreeable to all stipulations and content. A one day trip to Mexico sounds alot less nerve racking and job saving. She will sign the paperwork, I just need to know if the court will reconize the notary stamp from Mexico as a legal verification of her signature. Thank you again, best regards, Michael.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Michael Upton said:
What is the name of your state? California
Thank you IAAl for your information. I'm just wanting to make this less painless than it already has been for the both of us. More and more court apperances is what I really want to avoid. I have friends that have divorced and never went to court as long as they were agreeable to all stipulations and content. A one day trip to Mexico sounds alot less nerve racking and job saving. She will sign the paperwork, I just need to know if the court will reconize the notary stamp from Mexico as a legal verification of her signature. Thank you again, best regards, Michael.

My response:

More than probably, no. And, when the court doesn't accept it, you'll only wind up doing it the way I told you in the first place.

Do it my way. You'll be far better off - - and, there are no more "court appearances" needed, than any other way, to do things as I have suggested.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">