• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michael Upton

What is the name of your state? California
Thank you again IAAL. I'll more than likely be doing it your way. But what is confusing to me is people go to Tijuana, Mexico for a quicky divorce, bring the paperwork back and file them in their prospective area with absolutely no problem. Why, then, would a court not except a Notary Stamp from Mexico on U.S. Court Documents? Best regards, Michael.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Michael Upton said:
What is the name of your state? California
Thank you again IAAL. I'll more than likely be doing it your way. But what is confusing to me is people go to Tijuana, Mexico for a quicky divorce, bring the paperwork back and file them in their prospective area with absolutely no problem. Why, then, would a court not except a Notary Stamp from Mexico on U.S. Court Documents? Best regards, Michael.

My response:

The U.S. does not accept, nor recognize, these "quicky" divorces due to "differences in law" that do not conform to the laws of the forum State, and also due to jurisdictional problems; i.e., domicile and residency laws that do not conform to the forum States' laws. People "think" they're divorced all the time with these "quicky" divorces, but they're not.

There are way too many aspects about your question that are too complicated to explain on a bulletin board. However, a local attorney will be able to tell you in detail. Get a consultation about this, and your other issues.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">